Sunday, June 25, 2017

Caleb's 7th Birthday

Caleb has been 7 for a few months now. Better late than never! He had the perfect day, if you ask me!

He woke up to the big bike he was hoping for on Christmas morning...
 Spoiled rotten...
 Those teeth are gnarly! I hope he's my only child that will be getting braces at age 7...
 He was so so excited about these water bottles! He was so excited that he left one on the bus the very next day...
 This year, it was a a mom and dad date, but we let him invite his best friend, Ryder, over for some cake and ice cream. He wanted a chocolate cake with no frosting...
 Isn't this so cute?!?! Janie!...
 I took him a McDonald's kid's meal for his school lunch...
 His little friends...
 He picked Classic Fun Center for his date night with mom and dad...
 At the top of something crazy...
 Trying not to think about the grossest germs we were crawling through...
 Winning big!...
 He went home with some fun prizes and even better memories!

Caleb is really truly such a great boy! The other day, I was talking to Mike and I just went on and on about how good Caleb is. I couldn't help but wonder where he got it from?!? Mike said he definitely didn't get it from us! Hahaha! He was born that way. We got so lucky! He's a great student and a very loyal good friend. He loves his friends fiercely and we're so lucky he has a lot of good ones in our neighborhood. He's an awesome brother and always asks Eliza, "Are you still my best buddy?" He is always concerned for other's feelings and often "feels bad" for people that are less fortunate. We're working on how to react if you don't get your way, but nobody is perfect, right? 

I remember the day he was born. He had the most handsome beautiful face and soft light brown hair. The most perfect kissable lips. (he still does) He is my cleanest child and it's not hard to get him to help with anything I might need. If he were writing this about himself, he would definitely want me to say that he is an awesome athlete, coachable, hard working, great student and a natural leader. He's just one of those people that grasps concepts and things usually come pretty easy for him. I'm sure he'll find something along the way to keep him humble. I love my sweet Calby! Happy 7th, baby boy!

No comments: