Saturday, February 18, 2017

Christmas 2016

Oh I wish I could document every little thing that we do together! I have to say, we spoil our kids with fun experiences and we're good at living life! We had the most beautiful Christmastime full of fun, giving, receiving, Park City, Santa and more! Here's a piece of the pie...


The Sunday before Christmas, we headed to Temple Square to see the lights. Our plan was to get there right when they got turned on. We are geniuses. We had the place to ourselves and it was beautiful!







 Christmas Eve traditions are always a favorite. This year, Ben and Natalie hosted while my parents are on their mission. Oh I miss them so much!

 My mom planned ahead and had her gifts ready before she left. We all loved it!...
 We went to Sarah's wedding. It was a beautiful day!

 Christmas Eve games with the family...
 Christmas Day raspberries. She absolutely LOVED it! It was hilarious!
 Janie's Christmas loot. She napped in that tent on this same day. She loved it so much...
 Pictionary with Dad...
 Christmas Eve excitement...
 Christmas books on Christmas Eve...
 Excited for tomorrow in their new jammies!...
 Can't wait for them to see...
 I got new stockings this year. I love them...
 First thing they saw and were so excited...


 Hahahah! I love her! And she loved all of the paper and boxes...







 Loving my view and my new slippers...
 And my new pillow...
 Feeling blessed beyond measure...

Why are we the lucky ones?...
 Christmas landed on a Sunday. It was nice to go to church on Christmas. It would have been even better if it didn't go 40 minutes over, but you know. It's fine...

 Of course they were spoiled by their aunties...
 And uncle...
We finished off the day at Grandma and Grandpa Bennions...
And we got spoiled some more...
Every Christmas when we drive home and our car is full of gifts and our tummies full of food, I am so overwhelmed with gratitude and guilt. I'm not sure why we were given this beautiful life while there are so many others who are struggling and hurting and looking for their next meal. I hope I can always remember to give a little more and be a little more grateful. Christmas was absolutely one to remember and I feel blessed beyond measure.

No comments: