Thursday, January 21, 2016

Deep Thinker...

Caleb is a deep thinker. He asks a ton of questions all of the time. Most of the questions he asks me, I don't know the answer to. The other day, he came home from school after they talked about Martin Luther King Jr. He kept saying things like, "Mom! He is such a good guy. He changed the whole world!" "Did you know that one person can change the world?" "People were mean, but then they became nice because of him!" "I'm going to have dreams about him because I just can't stop thinking about it!" "Did you know that people with dark skin used to have to sit in the back of airplanes JUST because they had dark skin?" "That's not fair!" "Why do people care what you look like?" (I wish I knew.)

He went on and on. It was the cutest sweetest thing. You could tell he put a lot of thought into Martin Luther King Jr. just like he does with so many things. He loves to ask deep questions about what happens when we die. He's always very concerned that he sees us again. He is always asking if things are real. "Are mermaids real?" "Are mazes real?" "Are princesses real?" He also loves to ask the obvious. "Do I have 10 fingers?" "Am I in Kindergarten?" "Do you know how to drive?" "Is my teacher smart?" "Do you know everything?"(haha) "Does soap clean my hands?" I always ask him, "What do you think?" The other day, he told me that he doesn't like it when I ask him that. He is quite inquisitive. I love my deep thinker.

Can you believe he's only a couple of weeks away from turning 6?!?!...
 He drew a picture of Martin Luther King Jr. and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen...
I am so so thankful to have my guy.

No comments: