Saturday, November 28, 2015

Ivy 1 Month Old...

Everyone asks me how the transition is going from 4-5 children. Actually, Ivy gives me a little peace and quiet and makes me stop and take it all in. One of my favorite things about nursing is how it forces you to slow down and really look at what's going on around you. Having 4 kids under 7 is really crazy, but having 5 kids under 7 is the same crazy. Not much has changed except for the fact that I don't sleep much and when I do, it's never good quality sleep. So, that part has been killer, but everything else has been really special and sweet. All of the kids ADORE Ivy. They are always kissing and loving on her. Claire is old enough to pick her up when she's crying and bounce her to calm her down. Caleb loves to give her open-mouth kisses all over her face and head. It kind of drives me crazy because she always smells like spit. We're working on that one. Janie loves to talk baby talk to her and lay by her. Eliza, like Caleb, kisses her any time she walks past her. Ivy has been the most amazing blessing to us all. She adds so much love to our family! I almost can't remember life without her. 

I tried to take some pictures of her in this darling little bonnet from Grandma Julia, but she wasn't quite cooperating. Oh well. She's cute even when she's sad...





 Sometimes I stop and wonder, "Is this really my life?!?!" We pretty much don't leave the house these days and don't comb hair much either. I'm still trying to get my crap together from when I had Janie almost 4 years ago! Take it easy on me...

 Bud and I, however, did make it to the Jazz game with Bud's work. We were able to watch it in a suite which was lovely. I needed a place to nurse, so a nice lady took Ivy and me into another suite and had the place to ourselves. I had to take some pictures of Ivy on her 1st month birthday in this big chair...




She is so sweet and delicious. I'm hoping that at her 2 month post, I'll be a little more rested...

No comments: