Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love to celebrate holidays! It makes me feel good to do fun things for and with my family. This year was VERY special because I actually got up and made them all breakfast. A blueberry pancake and bacon breakfast. This is how you know that my love runs DEEP because I hate making breakfast for actual breakfast. It's the worst thing to wake up extra early, slave away in the kitchen for an hour, then everyone eats for 32 seconds and then I'm left with a huge mess to clean up for another hour. I like dispersing my energy throughout the day. I don't like half of it to be gone by 8:00am. BUT, because I love Bud SO SO SO MUCH, I made him breakfast. He actually said, "those were the best pancakes I have ever had in my life!" Wow! TOOT! TOOT! (Tooting my own horn.) Although I can still smell bacon in my house, I have to admit that it was worth it. After breakfast, we did a little shopping with the family at the outlets. It was the first time all 6 of us had been shopping together. It was, well.... an experience. Bud got me some awesome tennis shoes for Valentine's Day and girl's trip to San Fransisco with my sisters to see Garth Brooks! I got him a pair of pants and a pair of shorts that he really needed. It sure made me feel dumb! HA! Then we enjoyed some J-Dawgs and came home for nap time.

Bud and I finished our day out to dinner with some friends and to a date night with Matt Townsend. He's a relationship coach/doctor/expert. We were invited by Lacey and Jeff and were a bit leery about going. It was so much fun! Mr. Townsend was absolutely hilarious! Plus, we left with a lot of great ideas and a great conversation on the drive home. We both decided that we have a really great marriage and both of us can work on shutting our mouths. :) I love Mikey so so much. He's just part of my whole being. We just get each other and really know how to work together as a team. We made a goal to have a marriage that people are inspired by. We may need a few decades to get there, but hopefully our kids and grand-kids can be proud one day. It was such a great Valentine's Day! I'm so lucky to have so much love in my life.

Our Valentine breakfast setting was simple, but fun...
 Slaving away for my lovers!...
 Happy kids...
 Liza also got her first piggies on Valentine's Day. Gosh it was so cute!...
 Enjoying lunch. I happen to hate hot dogs, but I loved the company so it was okay with me...


 Handsome fella...
 Date night...


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: