Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy 5th Birthday CALEB!

Well, he was spoiled. Rotten. He turned into a bit of a monster by the time cake and ice cream rolled around with the family. BUT, I loved celebrating him! This year was a date with Mom and Dad and no friend party. It was so great! We did everything he wanted. Chick-Fil-A for lunch, new kicks from Nike(he LOVES Nikes), Chuck-E-Cheese for games and the batting cages to finish it off. We loved it! He also got his first set of golf clubs which was a dream for Buddy. Speaking of those new clubs, the second time he went out to play with them, he hit his best friend, Jack in the eye with the ball he hit and Jack ended up with a terrible black eye. It was awful. Thankfully, he didn't hit his actual eyeball. Those two are TROUBLE when they get together!

Besides the occasional drama he causes, Caleb is such a good boy. I was a bit emotional on his birthday thinking about the day he was born and his 1st birthday party. It's unbelievable that he is 5. Somehow he is though and I love him even more now than I did then. I'm not sure how that's possible!

A few fun facts about Cal: He pees his pants sometimes and doesn't care. At all. He pays me special compliments throughout the day. Like, "I love you, Mommy" "I love your hair, Mommy!" "Thank you for helping me, Mommy." "I love your earrings, Mommy," He pretty much fills in for Bud when I need it most. He is very sweet with Eliza. He's so caring and just adores her so much. He's still learning that you can't pick her up by her neck, but we're all trying to figure something out, so I try to be patient with him. One thing I'm not patient with is his fake crying/wailing. It's almost a talent. It's a talent I'm not willing to strengthen. He's a really good athlete. He just picks up sports so quickly and absolutely loves them all! I'm so glad. He asks me every day to play PIG with him on the hoop on the back of our basement door. I can never say no. He's so fun to hang out with and play with! He pesters the heck out of his sisters, but when it comes down to it, he is such a good brother. Claire gets scared to go anywhere in the house by herself at night. He's always the first to go with her to help "protect her". It makes no sense because he's afraid of the dark, but when she's scared, he gets really brave. He has the most beautiful blue eyes, contagious laugh and precious smile in the whole world. He loves deeply those closest to him. His best friend, Jack, according to Caleb, is the biggest blessing in his life. Caleb loves to be tickled, wrestled and teased! He's the most special boy in the entire world. I love my little boyfriend!

Cake and ice cream with the family...
 Lucy came to drop Jack off and we let her stay... :)
 Gosh I LOVE this picture! Claire and Caleb are only 19 months apart...
 "Dodo" and Liza with her comb-over...
 Caleb asked for a "Hulk Smash Cake" for his birthday. So, I slaved away(ha) at the bakery trying to figure out which cake looked the most Hulk-ish. Mint chocolate was perfect! Turned out, he hated the flavor of the cake, but thought the toys I stuck on the top were pretty incredible! Caleb's Hulk impression...
 Cal and Daddy...
 Cal and Mommy...
 Some of the crew...
 Blowing out candles...
 Caleb and Jack-o...
 Cal and Papa Tom...
 Cal and Grandma Catherine...
 Thanks for the giant sucker, Bake!...
Opening presents was great!...
 On a side note, here is poor Jack's eye from Caleb hitting him with the golf ball...
 These pictures don't do it justice! I felt terrible and I wish it didn't happen under my care!
 Our day out with Mom and Dad was so much fun for all of us! Enjoy the photos!...





 With all of the tickets Caleb won, he got 5 bouncy balls and a bracelet for everyone in our family.




I could just eat him up! I love when he asks me to sing to him at night and gives me the sweetest loudest kisses! Love my guy. Happy Birthday, Caleb!

No comments: