Thursday, July 24, 2014

Claire Turns 6!

Do I really have a 6 year old? I know I've said it a million times and I'll probably say it a million more, but it blows me away how fast time flies! It seems like yesterday we were in Philadelphia, walking all over around downtown trying to go into labor! 4 days overdue and we were climbing the Rocky steps at the Philadelphia Museum, waiting in line to see the Liberty Bell and eating a lot of Rita's Italian Ice to stay cool. That summer was one of the greatest times of my life! And the 6 years since have been wonderful with this little gal by my side. She helps me a lot and sometimes I feel guilty and have to remind myself that she is only 6 and I need to quit having her do so much. She's always a step ahead of me when we're getting ready to go somewhere or do something. Sometimes I don't even need to ask for help and sometimes I have to ask 500 times! :) She's been my light since the day she was born. I am so proud of her!

One of our family traditions is to wake up to presents. I think if you start the day off right, the rest of the day will be great too! And it lets them know that you didn't forget about them...

She has been begging for an electric scooter. She was lucky and got what she wanted! She rode that thing for at least 6 hours the first day she had it after it charged...

 Getting ready for her party. She wanted a rainbow splash party. Summer parties are the best!...


So many cousins and great friends in our neighborhood!...

Laynie Smith, Kylie King, Rylee Breinholt, Wyatt Jackson, Maddy King, Janie, Mary Peterson, Caleb, Wilson Densley, Jake Morton, Thomas, Boston Singley, Claire, Lucy Couch, Jossie Pedersen, Isabella and Violet Breinholt...

WooHoooo!...

Playing some fun games...

Tons of fun...

Guessing the person that said "Happy Birthday" in a funny voice to get her present!...

Presents are so fun!...


Don't let the balloon touch the ground!...



Birthday girl with her awesome scooter in the background...

Proof that Dad was there...

Dody saved me! This party was complete mayhem and she took care of Lizy for us...

I really think it could have been the best day of Claire's life. She had an absolute blast! I'm so glad...

No comments: