Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Eliza's Baby Blessing

It was a special day for a special girl! Buddy did a great job blessing her. He got very emotional while giving her the blessing. It was really sweet. When he started the blessing, he was telling the name we chose for her and stopped after he said, "Eliza...." He was silent for a good full minute. I thought he forgot her middle name or he was going to change it! But then I looked up at him and saw that he was trying to gain his composure to go on with the blessing. He cried throughout the entire blessing. I don't tell this to make fun of him, but these moments from him are so rare and so special to me. His tender side is one of my favorite things about him. It was one of those moments of pure joy and I had a full heart all day. The part of the blessing that stands out most to me was that he blessed her with "optimism". I mean, who doesn't want to be around someone full of happiness and always having an optimistic outlook on life? So many people pulled me aside to tell me how special that blessing was. The Spirit really guided Mike and we could all feel it. Eliza must be one special little angel. My life is much more full and happy with her in it. Enjoy this darling baby girl...


She wore the dress that Claire and Janie wore too. Grandma Luree made it...


 After church, we had lunch! Janie loving on Grandpa...
 Cutie...
 A lot of people love Eliza! Kristin, Claire, Dody, Eliza and Betty...
 Bud and Matt. I love when he comes around!...
 Meagan, Jake, Charlie, Victoria, Dad, Sam, Ben, Mom and Danielle... Not sure why Jake is bending over like that...
 Eliza's Great Grandpa Walt...
 Clairey and Jake...
 Eliza and Aunt Margie...
 Eliza with her Grandma Catherine...
 So sweet...
 Our family of 6!...
 Crazy and cute...
 Sorry Lizy...
 Proud parents...
 She is such a beautiful baby!...
 I caught a little grin...
 Enough pictures, Mom!...
 Okay. Just one more...
Days like this make life worth living.

No comments: