Monday, November 18, 2013


My house is silent right now. It's wonderful. Claire is at school. Caleb and Janie are napping and so is Mike. The three asleep are all sick.

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and feeling great! I've gained more weight this pregnancy than others, but hey.... the baby and me are healthy, so I'm okay with that. Life is really crazy right now. Mike hasn't had a job since March. He's hoping for a job with a company that won't start until March of 2014. He has no idea if he'll even get the job, but he really wants it. I'm stressed beyond belief but I have faith in him and trust him and want him to be happy. So, if that means we wait, then we wait. We're getting by from my business, Evie J. The pressure is so stressful and overwhelms me often, but I'm thankful for it. While I was sick the first 3 1/2 months of my pregnancy, we had no income. We're really trying to make up for it now. I love having Mike home 80% of the time. The other 20%, I literally want to kill him. I'll admit, he's a better parent/homemaker than me. But it's my job and not his,so sometimes I get a bit frustrated with my lack of space. It will be a really great day when he's back to work and life goes on the way it should.

I'm still in Cub Scouts. I like scouts, but I hope I'm not a lifer! The meetings are ridiculous, if you ask me, but the activities with the crazy boys are really great and entertaining! I also just got called to be the Primary Chorister. I'm excited that I get to be in there with Claire and in January, Caleb too. I can read music and that's about it. It's going to be hilarious for everyone involved!

We are busting at the seams in our home. I've been nagging Mike to finish the basement for a couple of years now, but no job= no basement.

I can't tell if I'm feeling sorry for myself or just putting down a bit of what my life is like right now.

The truth is, Mike and I have no debt. We don't have much, but we don't spend much either. The other day, I asked Mike how much we have pulled out of savings and he said none. I broke down into tears because it seems impossible for that to be the case. Heavenly Father is blessing us and watching out for us and I feel it and see it and am so thankful.

Somehow everything is working out. Our children are so happy and healthy. We may not be swimming in cash, but we certainly have it all.