Thursday, October 24, 2013

Our Trip to Missouri

It was quick and busy and so great! When we all heard that Mike's grandpa was not doing very well, we hopped on a plane to see him and make sure we got some quality time with him and Grandma Geri. It was a great trip! I was worried about morning sickness and especially worried about my crazy 18 month old getting out of control, but luckily, they were both under control. :)

Here is Janie on her first plane ride...

 And she's out. I'm silently screaming for joy at this point...
 On our way to our hotel in St. Louis for our first night...
This is the only picture I got of Matt. It was so nice getting him all to ourselves with no Nintendo! ; ) He played with the kids the entire time! 

 Then we went straight to a Cardinals game. It was awesome! The kids were exhausted after a long traveling day, but they did awesome and loved it...
 Who doesn't love baseball and a cold treat?...

 The crew minus Matt and I...
 Dody saved me on this trip. Janie kept me so exhausted and busy and she helped so much!

 Go Cardinals!

 Our hotel was right next to the arch. We went for a little visit the next morning...

 And then headed for the 3 or so hour drive to Poplar Bluff to see Grandma and Grandpa Long...
 We made it! I'll miss this front porch swing...
 Grandma Geri, Caitlin, Janie and Claire...
 Caleb played with this truck the entire time...
 Bud and Grandpa. Handsome young men, aren't they?! :)
 That house is definitely NOT baby proof. While we were over there, I was pretty much chasing this little girl outside the entire time to keep her from breaking something or giving Grandpa a heart attack. He's not used to little tykes running around him and his things. She'd rather be outside anyway!...
 Claire, Caleb and Janie with their Great-Grandparents. Janie was named after Grandpa Long's Mother, Dora Mae, and his Great-Grandmother, Jane Story.
 Playing in the "woods". But really in the front yard...
 My darling little girls! I think they had a great time!
 Until next time...

1 comment:

The Baldwin's said...

Fun Jen, I love when you update! Your kids are darling!!