Wednesday, May 15, 2013

This is The Place Monument

We spent a day at "This is the Place" Monument in Salt Lake. It was one of the first beautiful spring days of the year and it was so great! I can't believe I've never been here before. I loved seeing the history and thinking about the pioneers that sacrificed everything to come here. We took a train ride around the park and we had a chat about pioneers and a few things they went through. The entire drive home, Claire had a bunch of questions and after each answer, Caleb would ask, "why?" He's loving that word lately! I love those teaching moments and quiet rides in the car are some of the best times to have them.

Holding some baby chicks...
 Petting the baby sheep...
 These goats were attacking that stroller! Janie didn't seem to mind, but I didn't know what the heck to do!
 Our friends we went with. Caleb, Claire, Zurie, Channing and Nahla...
 Janie just watching...
 There are not many things that they love more than riding a horse...


 "Milking" a cow...

 A mini-city for the kids. I want one of these in my backyard. Too cute!...

 We're moms...


 A ride on the train around the park...


 And finally some lunch...
 We tried to get a group picture, but Caleb wasn't having it. When he doesn't wait to do something, he drops to the ground immediately. Drives me crazy...

We had a great day! I love getting together with my friends and their kids.

2 comments:

Liz and Calogero said...

Looks like Fun! You are all such great Mom's love you!

Carly said...

We went there just yesterday! And we had never been either. Such a fun place :)