Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Caleb and Park City

You know those moments when a child just takes your breath away and gives you that feeling of pure joy? I call those Mommy Paydays. That's how I am paid by being a Stay at Home Mom. I get those paydays every single day, and Caleb gave me one this past weekend.

We went and stayed at my parent's condo in Park City. It was the first time Caleb slept out of a crib. He started in the hide-a-bed with Claire. I decided to lay with him for a few minutes to get him to sleep. I lay in the middle of Caleb and Claire facing Caleb and he was facing me. He couldn't believe I was actually laying next to him! After a few, "Hi Moms" and "It's dark, Mom" and "JANIE'S SLEEPING MOM!", I thought he finally fell asleep. I could hear his breathing getting deeper and tried to breathe in his breath. It was silent and I loved feeling so close and peaceful next to him. After about 5 to 10 minutes of laying there, thinking he was asleep, I felt 5 little fingers pinch my cheek. Then, a pinch to my nose and my other cheek. Than, Caleb started making chewing and crunching sounds. Then he said, "I'm hungry, Mom!" Chomp. Chomp. Chomp. He was pretending to eat me! I always do this to him, pretending to take of piece of his cheek or nose and eat it. I don't know why it made me so happy, but I could not stop laughing and neither could he! It was just too darn cute and I won't ever forget it. I finally gave up on him trying to fall asleep, so I left Claire and Janie to sleep and we went out and watched the BYU game. When it was time for bed, he slept in between Buddy and I, but on some part of my body all night long. It reminded me of why I am not a co-sleeper and never will be.

We had a great time and that little boy just takes my breath away with his cute little anecdotes and friendly personality! Such a sweetheart, he is!

His first night in a big bed...

 At the hotel play area...
 We got to go with cousins!...
 Always have to ride on the cart...
We love our weekend getaways. Next up, cabin with my girlfriends and St. George!

2 comments:

Lacey Tait said...

That's the sweetest story!! Thank goodness for sweet moments like that! Can't wait for our upcoming weekends!!

Lacey Tait said...

That's the sweetest story!! Thank goodness for sweet moments like that! Can't wait for our upcoming weekends!!