Friday, July 27, 2012

My Little Texas Tornado

Clairey is a special little girl. Everywhere I look, she has a project going on in every corner of the house. She loves to create things and draw and color and build and has quite the imagination! She loves forts and castles and making presents and putting tape and glue and glitter on everything. I have to hide my tape or else I go to use it and it is gone or nowhere to be found. It is one of my favorite things about her and one of my least favorite things about her only because sometimes, that creative spirit is makes my house look like a Texas tornado came through! I'm trying to teach her that it's okay to make messes, but before we go to one mess, we have to clean up the other. It's exhausting for both of us.

Here's her latest creation...

 
I like it when Grandma and Grandpa get to share the tornado. Mwahahahaha..
She's not alone in her messy ways...
It does pay off! Look at this cute rainbow she colored! I'm framing it for her room. She tried to give it away as a present, but I snatched it up...
I gave Claire a drawer in the kitchen and this is how she leaves it most of the time...
Not sure what happened here...
She/we literally clean her room every single day and it gets messy every single day unless we leave the house. Makes me wonder how she'll be as a teenager. As long as she shows up with adorable things like her rainbow, I think it will be worth it. Sometimes I just take a deep breath and remember to let them be little! A little tape on the walls/blankets and pillows scattered/random bags packed for her "vacation" never hurt nobody. But a few hundred lessons on why a clean house is a happy house never hurt nobody either.

No comments: