Monday, June 11, 2012

Our not so fun very bad week...

Well, I could go on and on about how terrible our week was, but I'll spare you with just one paragraph. We have had way too much throw up, poop, and laundry, used way to much Lysol, soap and sanitizers and have had way too many rashes to talk all about. Claire had a terrible flu and is finally back to herself today after 7 days of missing her little personality. And Caleb has Hand Foot and Mouth Disease and the worst diaper rash I've ever seen from his tummy bug that started two days ago that Claire passed on to him. I am worn out, but so happy to see Claire feeling better! Here is our not so fun very bad week in pictures...

I asked Caleb to bring me a tissue for his nose and he brought me this...

This was at 11am. You know she's sick if she's sleeping at that time!...

Not even the energy to pose...
Claire woke up with terrible hives one morning covering her body, head and ears... I'm thinking it was her way of trying to kick this virus? Luckily, some Bendaryl cleared it up and it never came back. Here she is it a soothing oatmeal milk bath...

To top it off, Caleb bit her nose really hard and still has the marks...
This poor disgusting couch still stinks after scrubbing it to death many times. Thank heavens we're getting new ones next month! I can't wait!...

My dear friend, Lacey brought me a drink to brighten my day. And that it did!...

This angel baby was my saving grace every day. She truly has been my tender mercy. She makes me so happy! Very thankful she has stayed healthy...

If you're curious, this is what Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease looks like...


Usually, kids have sores all around their mouths and cheeks, but Caleb was so lucky not to get those. His cheeks are a little blotchy though and the inside of his mouth hurts from the sores. He has lived off of yogurt and ice cream and drinks. Throwing up hasn't helped those sad sores...


He points to his hands and feet and says, "Dots hurt, Mommy. Dots hurt." Poor Bug...


His rash went all up his legs. You can see a few blisters here...

I will be so happy to have all of my kids healthy again and keeping me busy the fun way! Now, let's start this summer over!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh that stinks Jennie! So glad they are feeling better and SOO glad that baby is so good to you! :)

Carly said...

Sick kids are just the saddest/most stressful/not fun thing to deal with ever! Easton and Trey have been a little sick lately... :( Glad everyone is on their way to recovery!