Thursday, April 26, 2012

A conversation...

Before dinner the other night, I was feeling upset and needed to talk with Bud about a few things that were bothering me.

Me: "Buddy, I need to talk to you about a few things that are bothering me. Is now a good time?"
Buddy: "Ya... just let me run to the bathroom first."

Then, I proceeded to eat my dinner and he was gone for about 10 minutes. When he got back, I was finished eating.

Buddy: "So, do you still need to talk to me about something?"
Me: "No, I'm good."
Buddy: "So, we're good then?"
Me: "Yup! We're good!"

Then Buddy just laughed. He knows me too well. And this was a great teaching lesson for me to never have a conversation about my "feelings" unless I am not hungry and not tired. Because, I was just fine. I was taking my hunger out on poor Bud and he knew to go to the "bathroom" so I could get some food in my stomach. He is just so good for me! Poor guy.

2 comments:

The Baldwin's said...

ah Jen, you are such a lovely person. you are such a sweet wife and the best mommy. I wish i could be more like you. glad you got your belly full :) love you!

Ligia said...

Funny the things our husbands know about us when they're patient enough to try and figure us out. Your new baby is adorable. I just spent a good half hour or so catching up on your blog. I hadn't seen it in a while cuz yours is one of those set to private so it doesn't update me like others'. Love the pictures of the three of them. And your birth story. Thanks for sharing. You're an amazing mom. ;)