Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What's new?

We've had a few things going on around here. Just to name a few....

We spent a day at the Children's Museum at the Gateway with a couple cousins. Here is Caleb and squishy Eli...
Clairey and Jens...Caleb could have played with all of those balls all day long...Fun!...Seriously? I know... Look at him!...Claire got her big girl bed a few months ago. Her bedroom set was once my parents and then mine and now hers. Buddy refinished 2 dressers, the bed and a vanity just for her. I love it and Claire loves being a big girl! Can you believe she stayed in a crib until she was over 3? She's an angel, that girl! The transition has been an easy one thank goodness! Hopefully Caleb will last that long too...And for now, Caleb has one of the dressers in his room. Didn't Bud do an amazing job? We've also been getting baby girl's room ready...Because heaven help us if she doesn't get here soon!!! Here I am 38+weeks pregnant...(today) Can you tell I am D.O.N.E!!!???? I thought I was in labor a few days ago. But I wasn't. Surprise surprise. I guess she'll come when she's good and ready! I'm ready for another chunky newborn. Oh my gosh. I can't even wait for her to get here! I can already smell her. Newborn babies complete me. So so precious. I can't wait!!!! The end of this pregnancy has felt eternal... I now wear Buddy's shirts. He offered me his pants too, but those might be a little long. I think I'll stick with sweats for this last little bit!Clairey is still loving preschool. Here are a few crafts she has done. A jellyfish and a snake...A train and her family tree...AND she started dance class a few weeks ago! Hello perfect for her! She loves it. I cried the first day I took her. She's too big! I love seeing her new dance moves. She is taking tap and ballet...
Claire also inherited her cousin's bin of dress-ups and she is obsessed. She told me, "Mom! Look! I'm a woman now and I am getting married!" Oh dear...
Buddy woke up one morning and told me he's sick of the wall in our upstairs hallway. So he cut it down. It's so so much better up there now! It felt really squishy and he opened it right up. I'm lucky to be married to a handy man!


Didn't he do a great job? Life is good. We are blessed. Can't wait for baby girl to get here...

4 comments:

Kenzie said...

Ugh you look soo cute. I can not wait to meet this baby girl. Can she hurry up?!

paulnmea said...

Fun. Tell Buddy we moved into a year long project house if he gets antsy and needs to do some more building:)Everything looks awesome. And you look like you have a basketball hidden under your shirt. All belly. And your kids look so adorable!! I miss them.

The Baldwin's said...

Gosh you look so great, keep having babies!! Love your kids, they're just darling! Ps if you have baby girl while I'm there I'd love to come see you! And your new home, and get me some snuggles with a bum that sticks out :) that's my favorite part! Love you!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Jeez! How cute! Love your belly pic, your new baby girls room, that proud cute smile on claire's face showing off her crafts! How fun! And, I can't believe Buddy did that wall! I showed Matt and told him Buddy did that all by himself and Matt said "why don't you marry Buddy!" Oh gosh!!! You're in labor right now btw! I'm so excited, and I'm going to steal Claire and Caleb for you so you can have more time to snuggle that newborn goodness! Love you!