Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Claire has taught me....

A LOT of patience these last couple of days! Her new thing is dumping and wasting anything she can get away with including a bottle of lotion, 2 bottles of shampoo, a bottle of conditioner, soap, my first aid kit, my sewing supplies and 14 bottles of my craft paint. She sure isn't cheap lately! Time out is losing it's power and today when I counted to 3 5 times, I realized it's time for a change! I'm off to Target to buy some marbles and a jar. Hopefully she'll respond to the good marbles and to positive parenting. I remember when her pouty face used to be so funny and cute. Trust. It ain't cute no more. Anyone have the best parenting advice on how to keep your child silent and perfect with their hands folded and smiling kindly?

I'm just thrilled to know I'm not alone... check it out here!

2 comments:

Carly said...

My Mom did a marble type jar and I remember it working well. A certain number of beans was rewarded with a gift of a specific $$ amount. When we were bad she took beans out and I remember being DEVASTATED! It definitely helped to keep me and my siblings in check. Hope it works out well for you :)

paulnmea said...

It happens to the best of us. I have no idea how to control my children. Wish I had some advice to offer:)