Thursday, March 24, 2011

Outstanding Educator!!!

Today, my mom received the Excel Outstanding Educator Award! Our family and camera crews and students and some important education people all surprised her in the middle of her class to surprise her with this awesome award! Tears were flowing and hugs were plentiful! She was chosen out of 4,000 other teachers. She gave a little speech and said she isn't the only one worthy of this award. Of course she would say that. She has no idea how great she is!

Charlie made this HUGE poster of her face! She hated it. I loved it. Mrs. Inspirational she is!!!
I love this picture of my dad. He is looking at her with the sweetest look and he was so proud.
Hip Hip HOORAY!!!...

So surprised...
Lots of happy tears... She was overwhelmed with all that came to support her...
A few students were interviewed and one of them said, "She is just like our grandma! So cute!!!" We were rolling.... notice Jamie in the background...
Pretty cute, Mom...
Lots of hugs...
Walking in to surprise her...

Sam and Charlie...
We had to hit the gym and I realized I need to put Claire in soccer asap!...
Shout out to Mary! It's her birthday today... Happy Birthday, Mar.....
Our favorite teacher...
Yes we do!...
We have Jimmermania at our house! GO COUGARS!
Striking a pose...
Someone else at that bakery should be in charge of the writing... hahaha...
She's so beautiful, huh?...


Pretty awesome day for her and all of us! She really cares about her students. I hear about her students all the time and I know it really hurts her to see kids that need extra love. She's always sure to give that extra love. She always goes above and beyond with EVERY aspect of her life. Not just teaching. I'm so proud to be her daughter.

4 comments:

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

Yeah, Momma Cath! We Love You!

You need to post some of these on FB so everyone knows about this! Post on her site too. It was fun to hang out tonight :) Love you!

Pete said...

Yes post of Fb I had no idea your brother doesn’t tell me anything. I’m so proud of her that is so awesome!! This post made me cry I love your Mamma. Oh and the pic of Jamie is priceless.

Pete said...

oops I'm in Eph's settings...this is tizzle!

paulnmea said...

Oh I am so glad you put all these priceless photos up. Wish I was there. So cute.