Friday, February 11, 2011

Birthday Boy!

I think it was the best night of his life! And ONLY because of that cake!... Here are all of our special guests:










Love my lil' cowboy!
Singing happy birthday...




I am literally laughing out loud looking at pictures of this cake! I tried to make it look like a cow and everything that could possibly go wrong with fondant did and each time I tried to fix it, it kept getting worse and worse. I won't ever make a fondant cake again.
After his first taste...
Ooooh! I think I like that!...

Yummy...
Excited!...



So sad this picture is blurry. I love that little face!...


Claire thought all of the presents were for her...

YeeHaw!...
That tunnel you see was Claire's and Caleb's favorite. They both love it and laugh and play in it all day. What a fun little cowboy birthday for our little one year old!
We took Caleb to the doctor yesterday and he is a skinny little guy! He only gained 2 ounces in the past 3 months, so we are a little concerned. He's also in the 3% for his weight. He's in the 50th% for height and 70th% for his head. He eats eats eats a lot too! The doctor mentioned he may be allergic to wheat, but I'm putting him on a high fat diet for a month and taking him in to weigh him in March to see how he's doing. Hopefully he'll fatten up a little and be on his way! Little stinker. We're so proud of him for surviving his first year with us as his parents! Gosh we love him. So much.

4 comments:

Wren and Savy said...

He's so cute Jine!

The Baldwin's said...

Love Love Love all of it! especially the cute mustache's and the one with Claire wearing it, you have the most darling kids! happy birthday big guy, start eating ice cream for your mommy :)

Jami West said...

That is such a cute birthday!! My boys' room is old fashioned cowboy so I am just dying over this birthday! And as someone who bakes and makes lots of cakes can I just tell you that I do not like fondant!! So don't feel bad. It is so hard to work with. You are such a cute mommy and threw an awesome birthday party.
Also, my little Jacob who is 14 months old is in the 10th percentile for weight. When he turned 1 he was in the 4th percentile. So we just gave him more bottles of whole milk and high fat foods and he worked his way up 6 percentages in 2 months! So hang in there. It will happen. We were worried about Jacob but he's also a big eater, just a little guy :)

Ligia said...

Next time, call Marissa up for help with fondant. She's a pro. But i thought it looked cute. So I don't know what you're so stressed about. I loved the little mustaches. And I wouldn't worry about the little weight gain. Chances are, he's probably very lean. If you're worried about him getting enough fats though, I would recommend coconut milks and products, flax oils and avocados. Chrysalis has had dairy maybe once in her whole life and has never had trouble putting on fat this way. Cashew creams and other nuts are also good high fatty sources. Good luck. But don't worry too much about babies gaining tons of weight. Caleb looks plenty healthy and happy.