Monday, January 24, 2011

So we can remember the small stuff....

is what is written on my dedicatory page of my first blog book.



I ordered it a few weeks ago using Blog2Print. I tried Blurb at first, but it took WAY too long to edit! Blog2Print was great because it already formatted my blogs to print consecutively instead of one blog post per page like Blurb which was way too time consuming to edit. I love how it turned out and I plan on printing a blog book every 2 years. Here are some pictures so you get the idea.

There are lots of different cover choices, but I wanted to keep it simple without all of the colors and swirls...



Here is what the pages look like. The pictures did not print as big as I expected, but I'm actually really glad because that would have taken up way too much room because I post so many pictures! Plus, I print my pictures for albums anyway...


And the back of the book...

So... get started on yours! Blogging is SUCH a great way to journal/scrapbook and perfect for family history. I will cherish my books forever! (Plus, I was able to edit out my silly posts about The Bachelor and other ridiculous posts!)

OH! And this book was $53.65 for 101 pages. TOTALLY worth it. Just about to start on book #2 for 2009-2010.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Good for you--it looks great! Can't wait till I'm done with mine... :)

The Baldwin's said...

aaaahhh i've been trying to do blurb and get so frustrated after about 2 hours cause it's nowhere close to being done, thanks for the new site, i will switch for sure!! so cute jen

The Baldwin's said...

aaaahhh i've been trying to do blurb and get so frustrated after about 2 hours cause it's nowhere close to being done, thanks for the new site, i will switch for sure!! so cute jen

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Your blog book looks perfect! I really need to print mine. :)

Allie said...

THANK YOU. I did blurb in 2008 and it took for-dang-ever. Working on 09/10 right now. :)

Bailey Family said...

I love it! I am so happy that you posted about your book with pictures included :) I have wanted to do it but I thought it would be WAY too much time I am glad that it worked out good for you. I think I will look into it for sure! Thanks!!! So cute !

Julie said...

I've been wanting to do this and not knowing which site to use. Thanks for the info about the differences!!

Ligia said...

I've been wanting to do this but have had no idea how. Thanx for sharing that. I was wondering if you know if you can get the videos that are posted on the blogs all on a DVD or something or does that need to be done separate from the blog book? I was thinking I would like to do something like that and stick the correlating DVD with the book or something. Any info you have would be helpful. I need to save some money now so I can print a book. :)

Wren and Savy said...

I love this, I have done two for the last two years.... It is my journal. it's the best!

Kara Simmons. said...

Very cute! I need to get ours done. I have other friends use this site and they love it too!