Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A week before Thanksgiving...

I put up our Christmas decor. This Christmas is EXTRA special, so I just couldn't wait! This will be our first Christmas alone as a family Christmas morning. We have lived with one of our parents up until now. I am as excited as can be about it and I anticipate this being my very favorite Christmas so far. So, Clairey helped me put up ornaments and we listened to Christmas music. Buddy was out of town, and I wanted to surprise him. When he got home he said, "Oh! It looks like Christmas in here." My reaction would have been pure joy, but I think he liked it because he said it was cozy too. So funny how guys don't give a rip. Anyway, our decor is modest with only a few nick knacks, but we love it.

Such a great helper...


Claire's finished product...
Just a cute lil Santa...
I found these Pottery Barn stockings at an outlet for $1.00. They had names embroidered into them, so I just picked them off and added our own...
Our Charlie Brown tree has been handed down a few times, but it's okay that it's a little crooked, because we are too...


After seeing these shelves in a picture, I realized it needs to be edited. A LOT goin on here....

These are my very favorite...
I can't wait for Christmas this year!

2 comments:

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

Hope you bought a few extra stockings for all the other kids you'll have :) And don't underestimate how many...I did that and now I'm on the hunt for another matching stocking! Cute decorations!

Ligia said...

Love it. Building blocks work wonders for crooked trees. But they have character like that too. Either way, it's cute. :)