Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm just not...

a shirt ironer type wife/person. I guess I wish I was. It's a rare occasion that you'll see me break out that ironing board. Ever since Bud started his new job, which we are SO excited about, he has to wear a suit to work every day. Along with suits come nicely pressed dress shirts. So, I'd like to take this blog moment to thank my dad for spending each Sunday evening my entire life ironing all of his white shirts for the week. Because of this, I won the great debate last night. I do laundry. I make dinner. I clean. I take care of the babes. I make the bed. I do almost everything around the house, but I guess I stop at ironing shirts. (On a regular basis... I'll hand over favors occasionally.) :) Do you iron your husband's clothes? Heck! Isn't that what a dryer is for?

We could always hire this guy...



OR... this guy will do too....

9 comments:

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

When Avi was about 5, I pulled out the ironing board...this was the first time she'd ever seen it so she asked me what it was! If Buddy is against ironing his own shirts, you can have them cleaned and pressed for about $1.50 per shirt. Sometimes, the drycleaners will come pick them up at your door and bring them back. Buddy can pull that money out of his allowance...so worth it!

Kara Simmons. said...

Ha! That's exactly what I tell Greg. I say I do everything else for you, I think you can handle ironing your shirts on your own. He seems okay with that!
And I'll take one of those guys too Jennie.

Kenzie said...

I never iron Korey's shirts and he has to wear a shirt and tie every day! I am not that good at it, plus I tell him I really don't have time between cooking cleaning errands and the kid, so get off your butt and iron your own stuff!

Kenzie said...

PS.. I'd like to hire the guy holding the baby, can you give me his contact info? LOL

Shantay said...

Nope...that's what the drycleaner is for. Eph doesn't trust me to iron his uniform lucky for me.

Caleb and Suzy said...

I agree with Shantay.. Go to the dry cleaners. They look a billion times better anyways. 1.25 per shirt saves a lot of marital disputes. I agree.. Ironing is the worlds worst job. I guess it wouldn't be too bad with a comercial ironing board.

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

I'll take the 2nd guy! That's hot! I NEVER iron, heck if it's my own shirt that needs ironing I spray it with water and shake it. Thank goodness Matt has always ironed his own shirts and yes we spend sunday night together watching Desperate Housewives while he irons and I fold all the underware!

Brady & Ashley said...

I hate ironing! It takes way too long & the thing is wrinkled again 5 seconds later. Brady & I had this debate the other night, and when I asked him if he irons MY clothes and he had no response...it was clear that he would continue to take his stuff to the dry cleaner! Ha!

Hailey Jones said...

you are freaking hillarious!
my dad is a great as well. always ironed. not only his clothes our clothes. so even when i try to iron nic's they just aren't that good. because my dad's the master ironer. he also cleans the bathrooms and does the laundry every saturday. seriously. my mom is dang lucky. hahahha.

you are so funny. i'm obsessed with this post.