Sunday, October 17, 2010

I realized today...

that I'm an adult. Like a grown-up. I just got called to be a Primary teacher and today was my first day in Sharing Time since I was in Primary 13 years ago. Before my introduction, a little boy pointed at me and asked, "Who's that lady?" Lady? Lady!?! Really kid? It made me feel like such a grandma! You have to be 50 or older to be called a lady. Although there was a minor set back on the realization that I am getting old, I'm excited to teach the 5 and 6 year olds. I can't believe how smart they are! They know so much about the scriptures and I've got lots of new songs to learn.

A few random thoughts...

-Do you think it's rude if I buy Laffy Taffy for Trick-or-Treaters and pick out all of the banana ones for myself? Because I already did that.

-I LOVE this time of the year! Look at these cute pictures at the pumpkin patch done by Kara Simmons again!





Those 2 are dang fun. I need to start writing down the funny things Clairey says...

3 comments:

Brady & Ashley said...

Ha ha! Oh my gosh, I know exactly what you mean! That happened to me like 2 days ago! I was at a store and this little girl cut in front of me and she said "Sorry lady!" What the?! I kind of started looking around thinking,"I wonder what lady she's talking about?" Ugh. Getting old is no fun!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

You are going to be such a cute primary teacher! How fun! I can't get enough of those pumpkin patch pictures, they are so adorable!

Ligia said...

I laughed so hard when you told your story about being "that lady." I taught a 7-8 year old class out in Phoenix for the six months we were there and I felt the same way when some kid said the same thing about us. We were "that man and that lady," too. We team taught. Alex is just Alex to me so when they called him that man I thought it was funny. You'll be an awesome teacher. And for the record, you don't look old at all. They're just still so small. :)