Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My mom used to say....

"Remind me to NEVER bring you to the store with me again!" And I said that to Claire today. After the store, I called my mom about some questions about re-upholstering a cushion for a rocking chair and where to find a new piece of foam and she offered to check D.I. and every yard/garage/estate sale in the valley for me. I used to so embarrassed and I hated that about my mom. (Her love for thrift shopping.)

Side note: One time, I had a date over to my parent's house. We were watching TV and he looked around at all of our furniture and he said, "Hey, you got this all at D.I.! My dad furnishes his apartment complexes with D.I.'s furniture." D.I. sells brand new furniture as well as used. I was MORTIFIED. Now, I admire her great finds!

Also, on Sunday, I asked her if I could have some of her old Fall decor. Then, I came home and washed my hands and put lots of Baby Magic baby lotion on them. Then I ate a sliced tomato and roasted zucchini and squash from her garden for a late lunch. She loves to eat anything fresh and so do I. I am seriously turning into my mother. I ALMOST cut my hair spikey. I love her. A lot.

Grandma Catherine with newbie, Caleb...

2 comments:

Shantay said...

That is really sweet!

Hailey Jones said...

cutest moms.
tell your mother to start looking for a white dresser. i've done everything ksl, the deseret. ruby needs somewhere to put these clothes.
:)
how is UTAH!