Friday, September 10, 2010

Floppy Boy

Caleb turned 7 months old a couple of days ago and Caleb is a floppy boy. He's mushy and foldy and limp and molds right into you and is perfectly content that way. Since we are finally home, we were able to take him to his pediatrician for a check-up! I've had a few concerns about Caleb because he hasn't started bearing any weight on his legs until just recently and when he does, it's not all of his weight and it's only for a few seconds at a time. Also, he can't sit up on his own for more than a split second and he won't sit up tall, he kind of folds in half slowly. All of these things were so opposite of Claire, so it has been new to me! I've tried lots of things to work on this, but they haven't worked yet. Luckily, for us, Caleb is perfectly healthy and doing just fine! His muscles aren't quite as strong as they should be, so if he isn't up to par at his 9 month appointment, we will start physical therapy. I'm going to do my best to not let that happen. We've been doing lots of exercises and he mostly smiles really huge and tries to attack my face through them, so it's fun for both of us. I can tell he's going to get stronger. I think the boy is just lazy and would rather have someone hold him than have to do it himself. And who can blame him? Secretly, I kind of like him being a little floppy. It's keeping him a baby much longer. I love him in an out of control way. I find myself letting him stay up way too late sometimes while I play with him in my rocker late at night. Gosh. He is so freakin adorable and has the sweetest personality. The boy rarely cries, sometimes whines, but mostly breaths in and out really fast in excitement and gives you a giant blue-eyed grin. How annoying am I bragging about him? I can't even help it. You would too. Here's my favorite boy....

He rolls all over...
s-l--o---w----l-----y falling over...
Ker-plunk...
He loves those toes...

Sometimes he scoots around like this...
Caleb's Stats:
weight -17 lbs. 4 oz - 30%
height - 27 1/4 in - 75%
head - 45.2cm - 70%

He's tall and skinny with a good sized head. Perfect.

1 comment:

Savannah and Wren said...

I am in love with how cute Caleb is, I can't even handle it!