Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Our Anniversary...

...Was spent in Myrtle Beach, SC. It was beautiful! Have you ever been there? I loved it there! Buddy scored a day off work and spent a couple of days with us. It was a much needed vacation. Or should I say trip? I might have to say that vacations, for me, don't involve 2 babies. But, it was a really fun trip and we spent some good quality time together. Just what I needed with Mikey. So, we went to the beach and Claire loved it until she got a little chafed and the sand and salt is no good for chafage. We ate at some yummy places and walked to a cute ice cream shop for a late night treat. We didn't bring a play-n-pack for night and I won't make that mistake again! We got 2 beds so each of us could sleep with a baby. (What a romantic anniversary, huh? :))Claire bounced back and forth between the two beds. She finally ended up with me and Caleb with daddy. When everyone FINALLY fell asleep, we woke up to Caleb kicking his legs and squealing ready to play at 3:00am. That's about when Claire rolled off the bed and hit her head on the wall sending a storm of craziness throughout our room. Besides the sleep I didn't get, we had a really great time! When I'm rich, I'm going to pay a nanny to sit in the hotel room for naptime and problem children.

Here are a few pictures of the fun we had...Claire's cute friend, Elise was at the beach too!
This boy is the best baby on the planet. Seriously always happy...
He loves me. And I love him...

At a delicious dinner. It was beautiful and we watched the sunset. I ate Grouper and he ate Chicken Parmesan. haha. At least he didn't order chicken nuggets or pizza this time! :)
Our view from our table at dinner...
Such a little poser...
Another view from our table...
My other guy and me... he was VERY tired...

Where we went to lunch earlier that day and to the ice cream shop next door at night...
Ice cream in her pj's! I love my skin and hair in the humidity.... (not)
The next day along the boardwalk we stopped and played some arcades...
I won! I must admit I beat Buddy in almost every game we've ever played... Don't tell him I told you.

On the way home, we stopped at the Outlets and Buddy bought 3 new pairs of Classic Reeboks in 3 different colors. Seriously babe? The guy loves his Reeboks. What a nerd! And I bought a T-shirt that says I heart MB. (for Myrtle Beach AND Mike Bennion.) :)

We had a great time. I was really excited to come home and watch The Bachelor (my fave show). Roberto is so dreamy! Good choice Ali!

Back to real life. We leave to go home in 25 days! So excited!

3 comments:

Lacey Tait said...

Looks like a great time!! 25 days isn't bad at all!! I can't wait!!

Kenzie said...

25 Days?! YAY! Let's get together!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Looks like a fun anniversary minus the sleeping part! And girlfriend, how do you keep getting so skinny? Seriously, you're gonna have to help me out! 25 days? That's it? How exciting!!!