Saturday, May 1, 2010

North Platte, Nebraska

Our lives have been completely insane this past week and now I find myself driving through North Platte, Nebraska on our way to South Carolina. Who on earth would live here?
This past week......
Bud and I graduated...
Buddy had his 26th birthday...
I completed my last final...
And now we're moving.

I am to a point of exhaustion I didn't know existed. Sleep has been almost unheard of and now I'm in the middle of nowhere. Thank goodness Clairey and Caleb are being so great! Caleb hasn't made a peep and Claire heard daddy say "damnit" when our back windshield randomly shattered about 200 miles ago and she's been repeating it since. Lucky for us, we got some plastic over it and we pray nobody steals our lives from the back of our car while we get some sleep at a hotel.

She's soooo lucky she gets her binki whenever she wants for the car ride....






Yesterday morning.....


10 1/2 hours down. 23 1/2 hours to go! Nebraska is hurting my asska!!!

9 comments:

Marshall, Lauren and Walker said...

Hey drive safe! Hope everything goes great! Good luck in North Carolina for the summer!!

The Baldwin's said...

Congrats on graduating! I am so so proud of you, what an awesome woman you are! It feels so great and I think it feels even better when you're a mom :) oh man another 23 1/2 hours?!? yikes my asska hurts for you! i'm not looking forward to my 10 hour drive coming up, but now i'm feeling like a wussy :) hope you guys have some great adventures out there, miss you!! XOXO

Hailey Jones said...

ahhhhh. this is the best blog post in the history of jennie peterson bennion. most that is owed to claire for repeating damnit. hahahaha.

hope you enjoy your drive!!! you are a good mom to brave it all with those two babes.

Natalie said...

I'm so proud of you guys! You are finally official, caps and all. I'm sad we didn't get to play before you left...but what's a summer when you have eternity? :)
We already miss you though. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. Love you!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Jen, you are too funny! I'm so sorry about your windsheild! That really sucks! Congrats you 2 cute graduates!!!

Liz and Calogero said...

I am so proud of you! You little graduate you! That so sucks and is so weird about your back window sorry. I hope the rest of the drive flies by miss ya already!

paulnmea said...

Ha ha. Does Buddy need a time out? I am oddly jealous of your long car ride with 2 kids. You are going to look back and laugh so hard, if you aren't already. Can't wait to hear about beautiful South Carolina!!!

paulnmea said...

And I forgoto say Congratulations!!! You guy's did it!!

LauraBro said...

So proud of you for graduating--you go girl! drive safe :)