Friday, December 4, 2009

He deserves a little credit.....

Deep breath!!!!! Phew!!! I've almost made it through ANOTHER semester! I swear I've gone to enough school to have my PhD. If you're in high school, and you read my blog, don't graduate from high school and go straight to college to stay up until 4am eating brownies with your roommate, Carly. Trust me. You'll gain the freshman 15 in about 2 weeks and fail all your classes from either sleeping in until 3pm or getting sick ALL THE TIME for not taking care of your body. As fun as that time of my life was, I am paying for it in the most difficult time! What was wrong with me? Just a SLIGHT example of how we acted 98% of the time. Sorry to throw you under the bus, Jewkes. Carly also makes dolphin sounds when she sleeps, so how I was I supposed to ever get any sleep?

As a result of my failure of a life 2 years after high school, my poor husband is also getting the brunt end of the consequences. I am so thankful. And I am so lucky. For the past 4 months, I have been commuting an hour a day to and from school 4 days a week and taking 15 credits of upper division classes and while I'm there, he takes care of this pile of craziness and is also a full time student.....


Side note:(Last night, while I was at a Christmas party, Buddy was about to give her a bath. Claire was naked waiting to get in and just before he went to put her in the bath, she had peed all over the tile floor and was squatting down slurping up her urine. Hahahahaha! What do you do but laugh?!?! EW!!!!! So gross Claire! Have some manners.)
Anyway, I just want you all to know how great he is to let me finish school. He is THE REASON I'm finishing. I love you BuddaLove and so does Clairey. Seeing these two together brings me pure joy. She loves her daddy to pieces. He sacrifices so much for my slacker of a 18-20 year old. It sucks really bad and sometimes I feel like I've let a lot of people down. And I have.... but soon enough, it will all be behind us and I'll be blowing up a copy of my Bachelor's Degree and hanging it above all of your mantles! I'm not the person you should ever say this sentence to, "I don't need a piece of paper to tell people how smart I am." Getting my college degree has been THE HARDEST thing I have EVER done in my life! Including labor, pregnancy and having a child. I know I suck at school, but I'm doing it and can almost say that I did it!!!!!! And you can do it too if you haven't yet.



All thanks to Mikey....and of course my most amazing mother-in-law, Dody AKA Del Taco AKA The Dodster Roadster AKA Del AKA Dolores AKA Dode AKA Doe (She takes Clairey on Tuesday mornings and who knows how many times Mikey has dropped her off while I'm gone.) Thank you both of you and especially my baby cakes!!! I love you.

14 comments:

The Robisons said...

Boy this sounds familiar from our conversation the other day. I feel like I'm barely surviving and like I'll NEVER graduate. I don't even have a kid and another on the way. You're amazing. Hang in there. Oh, and I'd love to frame your diploma next to mine in another 20 years when we finally finish. :)

Ligia said...

That is so funny! I can totally relate. I was determined to get through school too because I did a lot of slacking myself and had to repeat certain GE's. For me, the problem was vending machine snacks in the basements of the DT Towers. Hang that degree up high. I did. Then read the book, "A Thomas Jefferson Education," by Oliver Van DeMille. Trust me on this one. Good luck with it all. You're almost there. :o)

Kara Simmons. said...

You are so awesome for getting it done and being a mom at the same time Jennie! Props to you. And you really didn't take that long at all getting it finished so give yourself some credit!

Travis & Addie Ohrn said...

I'm in the same boat...minus a crazy little girl...but thanks for sharing your feelings about school I'm trying to finish too as hard as I can and get discouraged sometimes but I'm glad you're finishing! Good job Jen!

Ashley said...

I'm jealous! I completely slacked with school! I want to go back but I don't know if I dare attempt it with a baby and a husband who is getting ready to take the stinkin MCAT.
Good for you! When will you be done?
I know you're crazy busy..but I really am going to take a picture one of these days and would love for you to still Brynn's name for me! (Only if you have time though..if not I COMPLETELY understand!)

Liz and Calogero said...

Jen you are amazing! School is such a challenge once you get married let alone have children. So Jen here's to You! You smarty patartie with a smokin hot body! And about this little urine consumption situation with Claire I dry heaved and laughed all at the same time. Got to love that girl she's keeping real.

Marshall, Lauren and Walker said...

Thanks for the motivational speech. I definitely need it. Don't know how you do it, but I'm going to be right there with ya in January. You are amazing and I would gladly hang your bachelors degree over my mantle. Along with the picture of you in your hooker attire humping a vending machine on the good old streets of Ephraim.

Marshall, Lauren and Walker said...

p.s. you totally posted a picture of you and Carly at my wedding!!

Marshall, Lauren and Walker said...

p.p.s you owe me 15 cents for those limes.

Kira said...

You're amazing Jennie! It sounds like your semester has been CRAZY! I can't imagine taking 15 credits on top of being a mom and pregnant. Mike you're awesome too!

Savannah and Wren said...

JINE! YOUR TELLING ME!??? Why the eff did I not go to school why Wren was gone? Seriously if I could go back!...... But good job, we're almost done and then it will be a thing of the past!

The Staples Fam said...

Good job Jennie! You will love that you finished.. especially down the road. You are the cutest little pregnant girl by the way.. are you ready for another one? :)

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

LOL Jen!!! I'm just glad that you didn't post a picture of me with my freshman 15 ON! :)

Congrats! I'm so proud of you to have pulled out of the 2 year slack/play fest and really are doing it!

Love ya!

P.S. Matt has never heard any sort of dolphin noises. I ask him all the time!

LauraBro said...

way to go Jennie--i'm so proud of you--Carly does make silly noises right?