Tuesday, December 22, 2009

32 weeks....

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and measuring a week and a half ahead.... which doesn't surprise me. I'm not crazy about inductions and I don't like it when doctors do them just for the heck of it for people, but my doctor told me it might be a good idea for me. Claire was 9 pounds and recovery was not cool for me with her and he thought it might be a good idea to induce me a week early depending on how things are going in February. I'm not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to not have such a big baby only for my vagina's sake. On the other hand, I want my baby to come when he is ready. On the other hand, I would have paid someone 6 million dollars to get Claire out of me a week early. On the other hand, I LOVED the labor experience and excitement of driving to the hospital because I was in labor! On the other hand (I have 4 hands), I just want my baby to be healthy and happy and me healthy and happy. I told him that I don't really want to be induced and he said that he would do everything he could to not let that happen like strip my membranes and give this little guy a lecture or something. I guess we'll have to see how I feel in another month..... Maybe I'll have this little boy at home in a tub. Or...maybe that's not for me.

5 comments:

Allie said...

I got induced with Kate, and it was a great decision. It was a little longer of a labor probably, but with the epidural (I'm that kind of person), it was such a fun day. We watched movies and hung out and then she came and was only 8 lbs. She would have sure been bigger had I waited, so me and my vag were grateful. :) People will give you all sorts of advice, but that is my two cents...

Heather said...

I can't believe how close you are getting. I am very jealous. I hope you and your family are doing well and that you are feeling ok. Merry Christmas!!

Kenzie said...

I got induced with Krew 10 days early. He was 8 lbs 4 oz. That was good enough for me! He did great and it wasn't bad at all. As long as you dont get induced too early I know you'll be fine! Soo exciting!

Nate and Jamie said...

I swear I have seen you ever where lately! I can't believe you are measuring early because you look so small and great! I hear you on not knowing what to do with induction... Jackson was 9lbs 1oz and had about a year recovery. Lets just say I was terrified to have another 9lber come out of there. Once I was getting close with Andersen we started the induction talk as well and actually had a date and time set up. I was so confused and had the exact same concerns you just described in your post. Long story short, I canceled my induction and let nature take its course. That was the best decision I have ever made. I still had a 9lber, but delivery was cake (It makes it easy once the road has been paved by the first one!) plus I had a healthy baby and the whole story that goes behind the moment you go into labor. Good luck in your decision!

Ligia said...

If you're really serious about doing a water birth at home, I have a great midwife recommendation. She's in Orem. Her name is Suzanne Smith. Loved her. She was with me the whole time. I'm with you on not wanting to get induced. Since you've already had one, trust me, the second one is much easier no matter how big it is.