Saturday, October 31, 2009

Utah State Fair

I can't believe I forgot to post about the evening at the fair that I had with my parents! Such a great night! As some of you may know, Tom Peterson is a chicken/rooster/turkey/bird fanatic. He loves birds and raises them. We currently have a turkey in our backyard named Thanksgiving. He plans on cooking Thanksgiving up here in a month. Poor guy. Anyway, if you can recall from THIS post, my dad loves his birds! For Halloween, he was a chicken farmer and he carried around one of his roosters all night.

This year, my dad entered his roosters into the Utah State Fair. (By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbors kill the roosters in the middle of the night one night. They cackadoodledoo all day long.) When my dad received the phone call that his roosters won 1st and 2nd place in their category, he almost cried. I've never heard as much joy in that man's voice as when he heard this FANTASTIC news! He couldn't stop giggling and hootin and hollerin! That is, until he realized that there were no other birds in that category except for his. But hey, it's okay! He spends a lot of time taking care of these animals and they are really his pride and joy. I'm so happy for him and I'm so happy the "ladies" (chickens) love him just as much as he loves them.
I'm proud of you and your roosters, Dad! High five!!!








Hugest cows I've ever seen in my life at that fair!!!



How do you not love pink baby piglets?


I'll definitely take Clairey to see the animals next year......

2 comments:

Ben and Natalie's Family Zoo said...

K, Tom looks so happy like he's going to cry. Hilarious! Love it.

Holly said...

That is so funny! When we were there, he told us multiple times that his ladies were going to the fair. Glad to hear it went well.