Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sioux Falls







Today we went to Falls Park and wandered around. It was a pretty happenin spot and I'm glad we checked it out. We also drove through downtown which was about the size of....... ummm..... just small. The falls were pretty and I especially loved the rocks. Some of the water was dirty because people seem to love to litter in the area, but it was still fun to get out of the apartment and check stuff out together! Lazy Sundays are the best. Lately, I can't get Claire to look at me or smile for me for a picture. The little stinker smiles and laughs all day long and as soon as I pull out my camera, she turns into Serious Sally.


Life in Sioux Falls is good! Our apartments are new and clean (well....when I clean it). We are close to everything and we have a huge grass area outside our back door that Claire loves to explore!


The 4th was tons of fun! We had a BBQ and a fantastic firework show, but I didn't get any pictures. Here are a few random pictures of everything that has been going on around here.....

Claire enjoying her first taste of cookie dough...

Showing off those pearly whites! Here bottom 2 teeth are finally starting to come through too!


Hahahahahaha. This poor girl got stuck and I couldn't stop laughing. I had to take some pictures.





Avoiding the camera.
Birthday presents from Grandma Catherine!
Her favorite grass spot outside our door. She's probably saying... "wussat?" That's her new thing lately. (What's that?)
Stopping Daddy from kicking her new favorite birthday toy from G & G Bennion.
We miss our Utah summers. Boating, camping, the cabin, family BBQs and Raging Waters are often thought of, but we'll be home before you know it! We are excited and we miss our friends and families like crazy! Sioux Falls is great and everything, but there is surely no place like home!

5 comments:

Ligia said...

Pretty pics. We went to the falls when we first got married and Alex made me climb to the center of the falls at the top. I thought I was going to slip and die. Pretty sight though.

Julie said...

Isn't it frustrating when they refuse to smile! Ug. Mine does that sometimes too. Oh well, yours is still such a cute, even without a smile!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Hey Jennie!! Looks like a lot of fun! You are sure beautiful!!! I hope you have a great week! Hopefully, when you come home we'll be able to play more often, I miss ya! Especailly those good ol' days at Raging Waters!!!!

Travis and Addie said...

I love this post! You look GREAT! Claire is adorable as ever and buddy is handsome too! Just a great looking family all together!!

Mel said...

Cute post Jen! It looks so pretty there! Hope everything is going awesome for you guys! I agree with you about UT summers but can you BELIEVE how fast this summer is going by? I LOVE that we'll be home soon & then we can PLAY!!!! Anyway those pictures are adorable & I laughed @ the last one, of Claire protecting her toy, because I can TOTALLY see Buddy teasing her. That's how Ad is going to be with our kids too. A HUGE TEASE!! HaHa! Love ya!!