Monday, June 22, 2009

Party!

Because we were doing this on Claire's birthday Thursday...


And looking out that Minnesota window one last time.....

we celebrated Claire's First Birthday yesterday. Bud was happy to share his Father's Day with her. What a fun day! We were sad that our families couldn't be there, but we had some friends come which was great!
Here are some fun pictures of the party!
My friend, Marissa, inspired me because she is amazing at making cakes and she taught me how to roll fondant! Didn't it turn out so cute?!? It was so yummy too!

Since our families couldn't make it, we invited some of our other friends instead...Our friends, actual people, came too, but I didn't get a picture of them! Dumb me.
Spoiled girl!

Singing Happy Birthday to Claire!

Cake time! She started off with just a little bite.

But she figured out real quick that it's much better to go all out!

Silly girl didn't know what to do with all of the attention!



After a good bath and some jammies, Claire opened her presents and loved them! Her favorites? The $5.00 books. I'm pretty happy about that!Happy Birthday to our sweet little daughter who has brought nothing but complete joy and happiness into our lives!!!!

A few 1 year statistics:

  • Claire weighs 19 lbs. exactly. Skinny girl. (23rd percentile)
  • Claire is 28.7 inches tall. (60th percentile)
  • Claire can stand as long as she wants, and can take 1 step.
  • Claire crawls faster than anyone I've ever seen.
  • Claire sings and dances.
  • Claire loves chocolate cake!

We love you Clairey!

13 comments:

The Elder Clan said...

ummm, that cake looked like it came right out of a magazine!! jenny, you got some mad skills with that oven! and you seriously look so dang good-couldn't help but throw that out!

John and Erin said...

Bud and JP!!1 I can't believe you guys have a one year old. That's soooo fun. I love that cake. Very impressive. How'd you do that? Claire looks so cute. I love her digging into that cake. We miss you guys. Happy Fathers day yesterday bud.

Kenzie said...

THE CAKE TURNED OUT AMAZING! Happy birthday Claire! Yay for one year olds!!

The Brandt Family said...

So cute-Happy Birthday little Claire! Jen-could you teach me to make a cake like that??

Ligia said...

Super cute. Love the animal balloons. You are funny. Hope you're enjoying Sioux Falls. Say hi to Cheryl for me if you run into her. That's Alex's mom.

Ashley said...

Wow! That cake is impressive. Nice job!
Looks like the party was fun! :)

The Porter's said...

I'm so sad we guys are gone.. Madasin always talk's about Claire. Come back! The cake looked amazing, like a super cute hat. HA, your appartment looks so nice.

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Claire! I love the pics of her eating the cake, so cute! You do have some crazy cake decorating skills! When you get back to Utah you'll have to show us all how to roll fondant!!

*I'm horrible at keeping up with blogs! How's Sioux Falls???

chelsea and Jeremy said...

Cute little girl. Just to make you feel better she weights more then Ady by 2 pounds and she is almost 16 months

The Staples Fam said...

Oh my gosh I love those little leggings on her. So cute. Can't believe she is 1! She looks like so much fun.

We are thinking of the name Lucy.. but still not sure :)

troy and erin said...

Happy birthday to your cute little Clarie! And, holy cow that cake is SO cute!! I wonder if I know the girl that taught you how to do that... I know a girl by that name, who has great cake skills, who is away for the summer with her hubby... hmmm... I wonder? Anyway, the cake is stinking cute and your baby is even cuter!

paulnmea said...

Happy Birthday little Claire! Jennie- I haven't checked for awhile but yesterday Paul said to me, "Have you seen Jennie's blog lately?" I said no, and then he said that Claire's birthday party looked like something out of a magazine. It was really cute. And now that I have seen I agree! And, you totally just spoiled the bachelorette, but that's ok because I thought something fishy was up with Ed. Man he's dreamy.

Kara Denise... said...

I love the bright colors and shapes of flowers on that cake. So adorable. And those balloon animals?! I think they might be my favorite!