Thursday, May 21, 2009

Silly Girl!

Claire is too funny! The other day, I was at my friend, Brittney's, apartment and we were making headbands. I had some extra nylon, so I decided to put it on Claire's head. Hahaha. I know I am so mean, but we were dying! It was so so so funny and Claire was just crawling around like a little maniac and laughing too. I realize this is probably one of those things where the mom is the only person that thinks it is funny, but I don't care. I had to snap some pictures on my phone. I think she would have played with it on her head all day if I let her. She just kept trying to eat it. Haha. She is so silly.


Claire has also found a new love of getting dressed in mommy and daddy's clothes or towels or whatever she can get her hands on. I got home from a hot walk the other day, so when I walked into our apartment, I took off my shirt and threw in on the couch until I cooled off. (I can do that now that I don't live with the in-laws!) Anyway, Claire got a hold of it and put it over her head. She loved it and crawled around with it for a while. She is so silly.

This past week has been quite the milestone for Claire and me. I have stopped swaddling her before bed. We have both loved that part of the day until now. She refuses to be swaddled, so I just lay her down in her bed and she bounces around and whines for a few minutes until she falls asleep like this.....

Can you see her right foot? How on earth is that comfortable? I laughed so hard when I saw this and she has slept on her tummy since. I'm just happy she let me swaddle her for this long. She's not such a baby anymore, but I am LOVING her new and exciting things she does each day. She will never let you down if you say something funny. She loves to give you a courtesy laugh and if she hears you coughing, she'll support you and cough with you. If you do something awesome, she'll clap for you and if you drop something, she'll get it for you and eat it or say "uh oh". She is such a fast little crawler and crawls to the door and says "Dada" when she's missing Bud. If she hears music, she dances and bounces and smiles so big! I'm so happy that I get to spend all day with Clairey. I am crazy about this silly girl!

10 comments:

Mary Pat said...

I can't wait until the day that Claire walks into the house and throws off her shirt, just like her mommy! That is what will make me laugh the hardest. If she likes nylons you should try an annie wig! That would be hilarious. Love ya!

thehaagas said...

Claire is so cute, I love all the fun things that kids do, I get so excited at every little sneeze Kenley does. I don't even know what I did before I had Kenley kids make you whole day.

The Brandt Family said...

So cute that little Claire is! Jen are you prego?

troy and erin said...

How cute! Fun pics :) I'm sad that I've never met Claire... maybe when you guys move back :)

Ashley said...

Oh... I hope Brooke is onto something with that question. Are you?! JK. I love the picture of Claire with the nylon over her face and her mouth is wide open. haha. That's just cute and funny.

kate + parker said...

haha nope it's not just you. I thought it was pretty funny too...Hope you guys are having fun out there selling! Tell bud he better sell 200!

Ben and Natalie's Family Zoo said...

When will she start to lip sync like Celine Dion? You need to teach her that one. We miss and love you guys!

Kenzie said...

Krew falls asleep like that too and i always feel like i should move him it looks so uncomfortable and weird! She is so cute though! Yay for babies!

Liz and Calogero said...

Um that picture with the nylon made me laugh way hard! Thank you!

Ligia said...

orion fell asleep standing up the other day, again. It's so funny to see how they put themselves down for naps sometimes.