Monday, April 6, 2009

How on earth...

did THIS happen???
I was asked to bring some blueberry muffins to breakfast on Sunday morning. I've never made muffins from scratch before so I thought I'd give it a try. I used a recipe from a book I've never used before. What was I thinking???!!! Look how they turned out!!! How embarrassing. While I was making them, the batter was really runny and the recipe didn't ask for flour, which I thought was weird, but what did I know? I ain't no chef. So, I did what it said and this is how they turned out.

Buddy's friend Parker showed up just as I was pulling them out of the oven. How embarrassing. He then reminded me that the last thing he saw me make (pancakes) burnt to the pan. Oh my embarrassing! I promise I did everything the recipe asked. I ended up crossing it out with a black pen and writing, "bad recipe". I was laughing really hard because they look like inside out muffins!

I would never be offended if you never asked me to bake you a thing. In all honesty, I did everything the recipe called for. It was a bad one. What kind of muffins don't have flour? None. They don't exist. Thank goodness for boxed blueberry muffin mixes!


9 comments:

Lance, Tiff n Ash said...

Jee Wiz! How did you do that?? No need to be embarrassed... that takes talent.

Alfie's mum said...

i couldn't help but laugh out loud when i saw this!! Hilarious! it must have been a typo in the cook book! love it!

Liz and Calogero said...

What the? That is so weird I have never seen such a thing Jen. No Need for embarrassment if anything those muffins should be freakin embarrassed look at them!

troy and erin said...

Ha ha! That's so funny...and kind of cool looking :) Congrats on making cool looking muffins! Oh, and thanks for offering to help my team with military moves and prop ideas! I'm sure I'll be calling you soon ;) You make me laugh!

Rachel said...

Wow Jennie, that's impressive! I love that you thought to take pictures. Remind me not to eat whatever it is you're bringing to Grandpa's party! :)

kate + parker said...

ha that is so funny jennie. Parker came home and told me that story and he really couldn't stop laughin about how bad they were... haha i am sure you will never live it down with those guys.

Savannah and Wren said...

Oh my gosh Jine..... HILARIOUS! I'm glad crap like this happens to other people! Just never put PUDDING mixes in you muffins, been there done that! Pretzels anyone......?

LauraBro said...

I can't figure out that picture---is there anything IN the mmiffin holes? weird--yea I'd be weary of any recipe in that same cookbook. blame it on the book---!

Ligia said...

So I've been reading some of your blogs trying to catch up on what i've missed and this is by far the funniest things I've ever heard. You live and learn i guess. Funny story to tell your kids. Good laughs I'm sure.