Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Getting Excited!




So....Buddy is going to sell security systems again this summer and we are of to...... CHICAGO! We leave at the end of April and I'm actually really excited this time! I know what to expect, I won't be pregnant....well....that I know of.....at least I won't have a new child out there, and I'll pack more than 5 items this time! OH YA.... AND we'll have a TV this time too! I'm ready to get out there and be alone with just him and Claire and only depend on each other again. He'll be gone all the time, which is never fun, but it really makes us appreciate each other that much more. I'm really excited for another adventure! Bring it on Oprah! ( I plan on either winning a new car or a new house on the Oprah show). Some fun facts about Chicago:


Chicago has:

over 40 museums

more than 150 theaters

over 6,000 restaurants

three of the world's tallest buildings:

Sears Tower. . . . . 1,450 feet

Amoco Building . . . 1,136 feet

John Hancock . . . . 1,127 feet

77 neighborhoods

29 miles of lakefront

15 miles of bathing beaches

18 miles of lakefront bicycle paths

more than 200 annual parades

the world's largest public library with a collection of more

than 2 million books

the world's largest population of Poles outside of Warsaw

the world's largest cookie and cracker factory, where Nabisco

made 16 billion Oreo cookies in 1995.

Chicago produced the first:
roller skates, 1884
steel frame skyscraper, 1885
elevated railway, 1892
Cracker Jacks, 1893
zipper, 1896
window envelope, 1902
Hostess Twinkie, 1930
pinball game, 1930
spray paint, late 1940s
McDonald's Restaurant, 1955


I'm super excited to see the sites and attend some professional sporting events! You know how I love those jumbo-trans!


Gentri...I will be driving to come hang out with you for a weekend or two! If you don't mind....

16 comments:

Ashley said...

Chicago?! That sounds like fun! We still have no idea where we'll be. It's driving me crazy. I should just tell Jake to go with that office so we can come to Chicago too.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SaRah G. said...

I LOVE Chicago! You are going to have so much fun!! They have the best food! =) haha.

Holly said...

That sounds awesome Jennie! selling stuff sounds crappy, but a new adventure in a new place sounds great. Good luck with the new car/house thing.

troy and erin said...

No way! That'll be SO fun for you guys!!! I'd love to at least vacation there. So fun... I'm excited to hear all about your adventures there!

Jason, Mindi, Porter, and Ellery said...

Hey I live in CHICAGO, HELLO!! We had some summer sales people in our ward last summer! Not saying you would be, but how cool would that be if you were close! You should give us a call while you are out here. Ellery and Claire could have a play date!
P.S. Chicago is such a blast!

Jason, Mindi, Porter, and Ellery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason, Mindi, Porter, and Ellery said...

P.S. Let me know exactly where you will be living. And if you have any questions let me know!

paulnmea said...

Fun. I must admit, I am a little jealous you get to LIVE in Chi-town, only because I have only visited there and it was the greatest, but maybe we could come visit and keep you company. We'll work on Paul. And about the 100 pushups- I'm there. Starting Monday. Have you started already? Give me some updates if so. Here's to improving our busts and muscle strength!!

John and Erin said...

Sweet! Chicago sounds awesome and going to the Oprah show sounds superb! I've got to talk John into taking a trip out to visit you guys.

Allie said...

Matt and I would love to come visit you guys! I have always wanted to go to Chicago and Oprah for that matter.

Liz and Calogero said...

I think coming to visit you in Chicago should be our fist annual girls trip don't you think? I am so excited for you Calogero and Shane went to Chicago last summer and LOVED IT!

Marshall, Lauren and Walker said...

Chicago sounds like a blast! Have fun! I've always wanted to visit Chicago. I'm sure O will hook you up.

Lacey Tait said...

Girl I don't want you to go! I hate you being gone all summer long. Sorry but just need to say that! But hey Chicago doesn't sound to bad, sounds like you will have plenty to do!

Gentri said...

That is seriously the best news ever!!! You will love Chicago it is so neat and beautiful, plus you and Claire can go to the beach all of the time! We are only 6 hours away from you and we definately need to meet up, how could we not?!? We'll be back to MO by the middle of July from being in Utah, hope that's not too late!! Love ya

The Brandts said...

oh my...I NEED to come and visit. Oprah and I have been waiting a long time to meet each other and this summer just may be it! This is so exciting Jen!!!