Friday, January 16, 2009

Being a Mom......


I thought that I better write about what it's like being a mom now so I can remember how I felt with just one baby compared to when I have multiple. Hopefully I feel the same way then as I do now.... or better yet, happier because I will have even more joy!

Being a mom is the absolute most wonderful and rewarding thing I have ever done in my entire life! The joy I feel on a daily basis is beyond what I could have ever imagined. Maybe it's because Claire is the sweetest angel in the world, but I really do feel more complete with her in my life! It makes me happy when she is comfortable and fed and clean and sitting up with the most perfect posture and smiling with the biggest grin and scrunched nose.

While my life is FAR from perfect, I'm so happy that I have a perfect little person to share it with. She helps me not worry about the petty unfair things that might happen throughout my day.

I LOVE being a mom. I'm so glad I found my calling and found what I am passionate and excited about! I know I might have some down days when there are multiple kids in my family and I might just get fed up, but for now.....don't remind me of that. Let me enjoy every last second of my time with little Clairey!

5 comments:

paulnmea said...

Amen sista! I can promise you it WILL increase when you add that second little bundle. And love the pics of her in the tub. She is actually getting a little chubby...maybe the rice cereal???

Liz and Calogero said...

Jen you were so born to be a Mom. You have the perfect mix of fun and crazy with love an nurturing. Love YA you sexy Mom you!

troy and erin said...

I so need to hear things like this! Thinking about being a mom scares me to death... so it's comforting to hear how wonderful and rewarding it is :)

Lacey Tait said...

Jen thats so great to hear! You are a great mom and Claire is so lucky to have you!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

You are so lucky that your first baby has been so easy! Maybe you are destined to have 11 kids! :) I think that God is preparing me for a little Hellin (sp?) that is why I have Jax! Seriously, have you seen Marley and me? Well, I should write a book and turn it into a movie and make tons of money because my dog is insane!!!