Monday, October 13, 2008

The Cabin

We took my friends and their husbands up to Mike's family cabin this weekend and it was SO FLIPPIN FUN!!!! Something about these girls just brings out the high school Jennie. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, but I don't really care because we had a great time! We might just have to make it an annual thing. Tamra did a great job changing Claire's diaper right before she had a major blowout all over Matt. (Sorry bout that) Carly pulled out her fake tooth for Brooke during the laughing game. Abbi made the best chex mix in the universe that I ate way too much of. Melanie brought her fantastic husband who forgot the difference between Rick James and Jesse James. (Could have been the highlight of my trip.) The tape on Brooke's glasses just weren't cuttin it so she wore crooked glasses the whole time which, of course, I loved! Liz held on for dear life on the back of the 4-wheeler that our cowgirl, Tam, was driving. It was just a great time and I'm so so super sad for the girls that couldn't make it! Maybe next time. I've known all of these girls since elementary and I am beyond glad that we have stayed so close. I love them to bits and pieces! I'm Jesse James Biotch!!!! (that was for them.)


This is where Bud and I got engaged. Too precious...

Modeling our hot ride...

Showing off our double chins...

The party...

Us not knowing when the timer was going to go off...

The first snow! So cold and so fun...

Abbi didn't go on the ride because she's 31 weeks preg and Mel was taking a hot bath...

Tam changed Claire's diaper and jammies all by herself! What a champ...

Just enjoy the view...

Who knows...

Thanks for the great weekend!

10 comments:

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

That was SO MUCH FUN!! It was also a much needed vacation with the girls!! Thank you so much for letting us come! Matt had a blast too! He kept saying on the ride home that he wished he could have stayed longer! When we got home, he jumped on KSL classifieds and searched for cabins for sale and 4-wheelers!! Maybe in like 20 years!! :)

Melanie S. Tripp said...

Oh man!! I am sitting here laughing out loud reading that! POOR ADAM!!!! HaHaHaHa!! Everytime I think about that we just start busting up! He was so sad he had to leave early! We DEFINATELY need to do that again! We had so much fun! Adam said the same thing that we need to do that again soon!

Thanks to you guys for letting us come and for all of your work to get us all up there. It is a weekend we'll always remember that's for sure! ;) Hopefully next time everyone will be able to make it! Love ya!!

Holly said...

You're so funny Jennie...all your picture commentary. I love it. Looked like a really fun weekend. Nice cabin, Bud! Geesh!

The Brandt Family said...

SSOOO fun! We had a blast-can't wait til next time!(?) I very much needed another dose of all the girls...good times!

Alli said...

Cute pics! It's always fun getting together with friends and acting like kids again! Looks like you all had tons of fun!

Jeff and Lacey said...

Man I am so sad I missed out! But looks like you guys had a great time! Hopefully next time!

troy and erin said...

I'm SOO sad (just ask my hubby- he had to make a midnight run to Taco Bell to cheer me up) and SORRY I couldn't make it at the last minute!!! My dang job...I would have much rather been having fun with you guys than doing what I was doing all weekend! Sorry again, and thanks for the invite! I hope I can see you soon...I need to meet Claire!

Gentri said...

It looks like you all had TONS of fun!! So sad I missed it, but maybe not sad I missed all that crazy snow!! :) I'm so excited to see all of you and Claire is seriously old now, what the heck?

Matt and Paige Cahoon said...

It really is possible to always stay as cute as you all were in junior high!! I wish I would have been around to go through school with you guys, you were such a fun bunch!! And I can tell nothing has changed!! You girlies are all so cute, it's nice to see that the friends you loved so long ago are all still as fun and cute as you remember them!! I'm glad you all had fun!!

Liz and Calogero said...

SO MUCH FUN! LOVED IT! Please Please can we do that again and soon Calogero and I really enjoyed ourselves thank you so much Jen and Bud! I love how in the pic with all the girls in the snow Carly has her hand on her hip it is so cute! Love all you ladies had so much fun and really missed those who were not there! Jesse James B! still makes me laugh